What do you have to do once you move out of state?

I will be moving in May 2019 from South Carolina to Oklahoma. I know you have to change your drivers license, but is that it? I’ve looked all over the internet about what all you have to do but all I get is tips about how to move and moving companies.

• JetDoc
    Favorite Answer

Once you move permanently to a new state, you WILL have to get a drivers license in the new state. If you own a car, you'll also have to get license plates in your new state and notify your insurance company that you have moved. MOST states give you 30 days to get this done.

• J-Dawn

Change your license tag too because if you get pulled over, the cops aren't going to like a different tag from your DL. Change your voter registration as well. Other than that, nothing really.

not sure

I don’t know I’m not American

Nothing. But once you are a resident in a new state, lots. If you have a drivers license you need to get a valid one in the new state and turn in the old one. If you have a car you need to change registration, and title. You need to get insurance for the vehicle at your new address. You have to notify any lenders you owe money to of your new address. If you have children in school they need to be transferred and their records sent to the new school--just to name a few things

Driver license, vehicle registration and mailing address have to be changed. Contact OK department of motor vehicles on their web site.

You'll want to change a whole lot more than that. You also want to change your licence plates and insurance policy. You also want to let everyone else know, like your bank / credit card company, health insurer, the tax man, friends, family, etc. Basically anyone who needs to know where you live will want to know if you've moved.

You also have to change your car registration.

You should register to vote, but you don't have to.

You must tell your banks, credit card companies, etc., your new address.

Once you get to Oklahoma, you will also need to change your car's registration to an OK one, and you will also need to inform your car's insurance carrier.

Most places allow you to register to vote at DMV too.