Person
Person asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 years ago

How influential was Terentia to Cicero's success?

1 about 8 hours ago Report post

I'm doing a long essay for my uni course, and wondered if the question How influential was Terentia to Cicero's success would be a good one to take a look at?

I know she was financially and politically influential, I'm just unsure whether there is enough to argue about?

• Elaine
    Favorite Answer

There is enough material for an essay. You may find that after you do your research your thesis statement will "come to you". When I did a 2 page paper at university on what Diocletian's "Edict on Maximum Prices" said about The Empire I only looked at the price list and occupations and arrived at my own conclusions. (that 2 page paper was one of the most difficult papers I had to write because it was difficult to boil it down to 2 pages; if it had been a 10 page paper that would have been much easier to write).

Some things you may want to research: her family and who they were related to,

friends of her family: their class and political connections

Cicero's family and who they were related to

Cicero's education

Cicero's societal connections

Etc.

I don't know about his wife,but hedidcare a great deal about his daughter Tullia.

There is still a lot to discuss on the position of women in Rome.