What can I do for my Son?

He got switched formulas from Enfamil A.R to Enfamil Soy and it does better for him, but he seems to be having a hard time popping he strains and pushes he's 5 months old when can he have juice

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kris
    Lv 6
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Definitely consult your doctor and they can suggest some medicine to help with constipation. I don't think juice will help him at all and he is too young for it anyway. Also, tummy rubs and doing bicycle legs can help.

• Login to reply the answers
  • KatieC
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

My daughter had issues with full lactose formula when she was younger, but didn’t have a milk allergy. Gerber Soothe was the ticket for us. It’s still milk based, but seemed to be much gentler on the tummy than any version of Enfamil or Semilac.

As for constipation, that baby cereal crap we were told to start on at 4 months was TERRIBLE for blocking up my daughter. We instead started with boiled and puréed sweet potatoes mixed with a little formula. She LOVED it, and it kept things moving. If neither of those work, you should be fine with a little apple juice, but not much at all. We did 1 part juice to 4 parts water at 4-5 months, and it did the trick. Hope that helps!

• PR
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Try using part without iron. Iron can be very consipating.

• 2 years ago

Clearly there was a medical issue to switch to soy formula, so you would discuss it with the doctor who suggested the change in the first place.

Juice and everything else other than breastmilk/formula are offered at minimum of six months, and even that is young for juice. And if there's a medical constipation issue, juice is not a treatment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

That s an issue to discuss with your pediatrician. At 5 months, many babies are starting on cereal and pureed veggies and fruits. Your son s doctor is the best person to advise you on how to deal with constipation as well as feeding options.

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

The only babies starting cereal and other foods at five months are those who are starting too early. And cereal hasn't been recommended in decades.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.