Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Is it true what Christians say that atheists if they could would banned religion from earth?

Favorite Answer

No atheist I know (and I know several) CARE what others believe as long as they don't try to convert the atheist.

• Mike

Its true Christians say that - atheists don't want to ban religion, we just want theists to leave us alone.

• Kira

There is only one religion I would like to ban and it's not Christianity and not the Jewish religion either.

In fact why can't everybody mind their own religion like Jews do.

They would ban the truth, but they can't

It's dying out. It will go away eventually.

No one's ever fought to ban people of a religion.

I take that back. The Christian right fights to ban people of a certain religion.

But atheists tend to respect the rights of others, to do things we don't agree with, so long as their actions don't infringe on the rights of others. We use speech, not force. Disagreeing with your beliefs is not the same thing as infringing on your rights to it.

Atheists, in the past few years has any Christian tried to force Christianity on you? If there is a christian church near your home, you don't have attend, if there is a Christian program on television you don't have to watch it, if there is Christianity on Yahoo Answers, you don't have to read it, and I'm sure there's isn't anyone at work or school trying to force Christianity onto you.

• Cogito

No - not really.

We think it's rather pathetic that people still cling to nonsensical superstitions in this day and age, but ultimately, if people want to believe in gods, heaven, hell and all that twaddle, that's fine with us.

As long as they don't try to ram their daft beliefs down our throats, it really doesn't bother us at all.

• Mack

Nope, believe what you want, just keep it to yourself.

Atheists DON'T CARE about your religion.

Just don't force it others