I feel regret and suicidal, do you think I'm a bad person?

So when we was talking he is the type that disappears and come back... and one day we hung out and he kissed me and the night was going good... and he did his number again and he ignores me for a week.. I was upset because I felt used... I was angry, I reached out and I said things that I didn't mean. I told him that I didn't like him, I regret the kiss and don't take advantage... he haven't talk to me in three years and it hurts because he's my best friend and I love him. I stop reaching out last year.. and I just found out today that he's engaged. It just hurts... like he totally forgot about me and Im over here crying... I don't get it... I sometimes wonder do God favor him more because I'm going through hell, while he's living the perfect life.

• Tina
    Favorite Answer

You are not a bad person. And suicidal is not an option. He was your best friend. But you knew what he was like. One day you would see him and then he would just disappear. The biggest mistake that you made was kissing him. You probably thought that you could turn the friendship into a relationship. But it didn't turn out that way. If he didn't speak to you in three years then that should have told you that you were no longer his best friend. And finally, you just stopped reaching out last year. You should have stopped reaching out a long time ago. I really hate to say this but you are crying today because you didn't let him go three years ago. You should have known that the first year that he was not talking to you that he was no longer interested in being your best friend. But you kept hanging in there thinking that he would come back to you. This has nothing to do with God. It all has to do with you because you never let go, you never turned the page to give you a chance to move forward. I understand that you are hurting and going through hell. But you put yourself there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not here to hurt you or be cruel to you. I'm just trying to help you to open your eyes so you can understand that you should have forgotten about him a long time ago. If it's too hard for you to get over him and you have suicidal thoughts then you need to ask yourself if he's worth for you to hurt your family and friend by taking your own life. My only advice to you is for you to talk to a therapist. A therapist will help you get back on your feet. You cannot continue to go on this way because you need to put him in the past. You need to meet a nice guy that will love you and that will want to be with you. You will bounce back. And you will heal from this. Just talk to a therapist.

That's called as a bad time but it has passed now! wait for someone who really deserves you! don't quit so easily and never think of suicide! winning is just not to quit anymore

Bad? No. Self esteem problems? Possibly. Socially unaware? Possibly. Dependent? Possibly.

You seem to have no realistic awareness of what a relationship involves. You love someone who is your best friend but he comes and goes and then you haven’t spoken to him for 3 years. Really? That hardly sounds anything like best friends. You seem to be way more hung up on him than he ever seemed to be with you.