if the news of you having a violent argument with your colleague sweep through the company, do you think that it will affect your promotion?

even slap the table,now it’s well known,

• Judy

very likely, although probably not if just a slap on the table.

if you got violent with someone else you deserve to be fired, they deserve to sue you, and you deserve to be in line at a soup kitchen and giving hand jobs in subway bathrooms to get liquor money

You'd be fired if this happened where I am...

Id be looking for another job.

A "violent argument" is so against the culture of the company I work for that not only would it affect my ability to be promoted, I may well be fired for it.

But, company cultures are all different. In a culture where aggression is valued, such a scene might increase the probability of a promotion.

Yeah, I would think so.

Sure will. Expect any future promotions to be delayed until you can prove your emotional stability and ability to interact with others in a more calm manner. Promotions indicate some increase in responsibility and more interaction with a higher level of peers - your argument indicates that you may not be able to handle situations where you have to defend (calmly) your positions. The good new is that you basically hit an inanimate object (unless there is more you are not saying) and not the other person(?) which is more a minor incident and more telling on you people skills than your anger management (though volunteering for an anger management class might help).

Yes. If it happened at work it will probably cause you not to be promoted.

Ofcourse it will

More than likely. But if you are really good at your job, they might overlook it and just give you a slap on the wrist. You'll find out sooner or later.

• Pi

Yup