if the news of you having a violent argument with your colleague sweep through the company, do you think that it will affect your promotion?

even slap the table,now it’s well known,

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

very likely, although probably not if just a slap on the table.

• 2 years ago

if you got violent with someone else you deserve to be fired, they deserve to sue you, and you deserve to be in line at a soup kitchen and giving hand jobs in subway bathrooms to get liquor money

• 2 years ago

You'd be fired if this happened where I am...

Id be looking for another job.

• 2 years ago

A "violent argument" is so against the culture of the company I work for that not only would it affect my ability to be promoted, I may well be fired for it.

But, company cultures are all different. In a culture where aggression is valued, such a scene might increase the probability of a promotion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Yeah, I would think so.

• 2 years ago

Sure will. Expect any future promotions to be delayed until you can prove your emotional stability and ability to interact with others in a more calm manner. Promotions indicate some increase in responsibility and more interaction with a higher level of peers - your argument indicates that you may not be able to handle situations where you have to defend (calmly) your positions. The good new is that you basically hit an inanimate object (unless there is more you are not saying) and not the other person(?) which is more a minor incident and more telling on you people skills than your anger management (though volunteering for an anger management class might help).

• 2 years ago

Yes. If it happened at work it will probably cause you not to be promoted.

• 2 years ago

Ofcourse it will

• 2 years ago

More than likely. But if you are really good at your job, they might overlook it and just give you a slap on the wrist. You'll find out sooner or later.

• Pi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yup

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.