Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Are liberals in favor of abolishing the Constitution?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I know of no conservative in favor of abolishing the 14th. CNN and other liberal mouthpieces are accusing Republicans of doing this. The intended targets of the 14th are in the opening lines.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

We are questioning where illegals are mentioned.

• 2 years ago

Generally speaking they are in favor of modifying the Constitution - completely.

• 2 years ago

No, but having a president who actually read it might be nice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

As a life long liberal voter and activist, I've met lots and lots of liberals. The only mention I've ever heard of "abolishing the Constitution" is as a wild hypothetical in some off the wall just for fun discussion of something fanciful like "What if there was a space invasion of vampires from Mars? Boy this chardonnay is good!" So in short, NO, there is no meaningful consideration of abolishing the Constitution.

And two can play at that game of "They say otherwise, but I know their hearts and minds better than they know them themselves." However, to stay within the bounds of reason we must eschew this kind of "You've been assigned opinion XYZ, even though you've never expressed opinion XYZ" nonsense.

• 2 years ago

No, just bringing it up to date. You know, little things like abolishing slavery and giving all adults the right to vote.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The only amendment of the Constitution cons care about is the second amendment. Bush abolished the fourth amendment. Cons cheered. Trump has been attacking the press (attacking the first amendment) since the beginning of his political career. Now you neocon snowflakes cry a river when it bites your God, Alex Jones the Conspiracy Theorist Nutjob, in the butt.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Sure, sweet cheeks.

• 2 years ago

They are sure bent on doing away with the second amendment. Why? a government can't control an armed citizen population.

They want nothing more than to re write it to suit their agenda. so far,they have tried and failed.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Some are.

• 2 years ago

No. They never have been.

Cons feel the need to lie all the time, as if they understand Liberalism

~Aizen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.