Im going to become a freshman and Ive never played football. Is it to late to join? Can I have some advice please. I’m 5’9 and I weigh 146.?

• Cu Tie

No, I highly encourage you to join your high school football team this season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football.

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at free safety. You have the ideal size for a high school freshman free safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this month (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch free safety in high school football, who could go on to play college football in the future.

I was 5'6", 145 after my junior year and went on to become an all American honorable mention OL in college. Go for it. You are hardly too small for a freshman.

Don't let your size stop you. Get out there and play! You might be surprised at how well you do. Provided you have the ambition, dedication and will.

• Jason from the giants and jimmy from green bay both started to play football in college then made it to the nfl and are elite players.

No, but practice is about to start. Contact the coach now.

• Bob

No it's not too late.

No, actually i started playing when i was 8 and played all thru elementary and quit when i was in middle school. Im a freshman now and I'm 5'8 120 just do not be scared or you are going to get ran over. people will be bigger but do not look at other peoples progression and be discouraged. Find what position you are good at. right now, you seem like a corner or free safety on the defensive side or a wide receiver or a small running back on the offensive side. make sure to have amazing footwork and hip turning at the defensive positions. I play free safety :)