Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why not end birthright citizenship? The 14th Amendment doesn't protect it for illegal aliens as they are not subject to the JURISDICTION of?

the United States per the specific DEFINITION outlined by the authors of the amendment.

In fact, no court has ever decided whether it was nor has the question of WHICH definition of "jurisdiction" is the correct one.

= = = = = =

A person must be FULLY subject to U.S. Jurisdiction. A simple 'dictionary' definition is NOT the LEGAL definition of any word.

If a person is not required to serve jury duty or register with the Selective Service, they're not subject to this SPECIFIC and UNIQUE definition of "Jurisdiction".

They must have ZERO allegiance to any govt or nation other than the U.S. or they're not subject under the legal definition of "Jurisdiction" according to the authors' express explanations.

Update:

Pat: Yeah, we would. The ONLY people affected would be people living here illegally and, hence, no subject to the the full jurisdiction of the United States.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Because only an asshat wouldn't see the problems in proving a child doesn't have an American father.

• 2 years ago

We are all trespassing, and 'rudely' so. The Americas were occupied...long before "discovery" by Europe.

Didn't ever wonder why "they" speak Spanish? ᏄᏓᏅᏛᎾ

Source(s): 1/32 Native American, Cherokee Nation
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Indeed.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

and therein lies the true strength of the US Constitution : it can't be changed for the latest irrational populist- flavor-of-the -month

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Probably would cause anarchy

• Pat
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

If we ended birthright citizenship you and I would not be citizens. In fact, there would be almost no citizens. Care to try again?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

BEIJING — When Ma Fahong approached the immigration desk at Los Angeles International Airport, the customs agent had only two questions for her.

“Why are you coming to the U.S.?”

“I’m here to have a baby.”

“How much cash do you have on you?”

“I only have $1,000 in cash, but I have a debit card with much more in the bank.”

Passport stamped. Welcome to Los Angeles.

Because Russians and Chinese benefit too. The party of Greedy Old Pricks GOP sees green.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Democrats need it to replace their dwindling voter base.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

From my cold dead hands.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.