Jack asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 years ago

How can I answer a question?

I'm trying to answer a question, but I don't see the spot where I answer.

• JetDoc
    Favorite Answer

If "Best Answer" has already been awarded, no more answers are allowed.

• Sharon

There is a glitch with the Submit button. Refresh the page and try again. You also will not be able to post if you have reached your daily limit or you try to put a percentage sign in your posts, and you will not be able to answer questions if an asker has you blocked or the question is closed.

If there is no answer box it means the question is older and closed to new answers or the user who asked it has you blocked

• Daniel

If you dont see a Add your Answer Box under the Question then you cant Answer it Likely Due to the Asker Blocked you

One thing that might cause that would be if you are trying to answer a question from someone who has blocked you, the answer box will not appear in that case. Note that if the asker has gone anonymous though, then the answer box would still show up, but you would get an error message each time you tried to submit your answer.

Another possibility is that you are trying to answer a question more than seven days old, Y!A used to remove the answer box from such question as well as the comments on every answer on the question. This has been changing back to how it was before where the answer box and comments remain past the week time limit. It may change back to how it was in the future though.

As evidenced by my answer after a best answer was chosen though, that does not close the question to new answers. That is how the site was set up quite a number of years ago though.

Source(s): Personal experience across the board.

Troll ... see it now??

There will be a box under the question, that says answer this question, just hit that