Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

How do I deal with being sad that my ex girlfriend just got pregnant by her current boyfriend?

Me and my girlfriend broke up about a year ago, and she started dating another guy about 3 months after we broke up. She got pregnant with his child after dating him for about 10 months.

I am so depressed about this because I was hoping she would eventually break up with the guy and get back with me, but that's definitely not going to happen now. The only real reason my girlfriend gave to me to why she broke up with me is that she told that she just didn't feel like being with me anymore.

So I thought she would eventually realize that she made a mistake when she broke up with me and then started dating that other guy, and then she would break up with him and start dating me again, but she ended up getting pregnant with his child, and thus that's probably not going to happen now.

Worst part about this is that I started dating this woman when we both were 18 years old, and she broke up with me when we were both 23 years old. So we have been dating each other for about 5 years until we broke up. I hoping we would get married and have children together someday, but that's now never going to happen.

Can someone give me advice on how to get over this whole thing?

• lala
    Favorite Answer

You were in love with her

but she was not in love with you

It does happen often

and yes its terrible for the person who still love the other one

Its not easy to get over someone you love

and there no magical way to forget this person

If it was me my big consolation would be this one Its was better before marriage than after

Can you imagine if you had married her and and having a child with her

and 2 yrs after she would have left you for another guy

Try meet new people

some are taking a new course others do sport

Time is a big healer

Good luck man

• Nicole

Find another girlfriend it’s the only thing that really helps. I know it’s hard and it sucks