I don’t know what I want to do with my life, so should I just choose a career that makes a lot of money?

Not necessarily.

When I was in college, a lot of my classmates were studying Electrical or Computer Engineering simply because they had heard that the starting salary for new graduates was really high. Well, that was true (and it still is), but, part of the reason for this is that getting a degree in EE or CE is a lot of hard work.

Of the ones that actually managed to graduate as an engineer, many realized they hated engineering, so much so that they didn't care what the starting salary was. They didn't want to do that sort of work.

So, let this be a lesson to you. Simply choosing a degree, or job, based solely on the salary is a sure way to misery. If you honestly enjoy what you do and are good at it, you won't "work" a day in your life. What's more, you'll be far more successful.

if possible