Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

How do you show forgiveness to people who do not think they even need it? People who never extend it to others or themselves? :(?

Favorite Answer

Because its the right thing to do and I need forgiveness too. Just know that you need forgiveness too then it should be easy.

Forgiveness is not for the person it's for you. If you can forgive then God will forgive you

forgiveness is over-rated it just encourages more bad behavior

Sometime forgiving a person frees YOU of the burden of carrying around a lot of unproductive anger. You do it for you... not for them.

• Mike

Forgiveness is internal to you, it is not for someone else to be aware of.

The key is knowing that forgiveness is a action not a feeling....its an action where you decide "never bring up that subject/issue again".. even if it can still feels bad or of that person doesn't even want forgiveness .

You can't control what other people do.. but you can control your own actions.

forgive but learn from that experience (as opposed to just forgetting)

Forgiveness removes the power from the offense and lets you move on. You will be judged by the judgement you give.

I agree with blue faced anon down there from a christian perspective. some christians seem to think Jesus forgave so we don't have to, but he explicitly commanded to forgive.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

In a case like that, there is no need for it to show. Just remove the bitterness from your own soul, and that's it.

forgiving should be done for your own sake, not for theirs.