Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

How do you show forgiveness to people who do not think they even need it? People who never extend it to others or themselves? :(?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because its the right thing to do and I need forgiveness too. Just know that you need forgiveness too then it should be easy.

• 2 years ago

Forgiveness is not for the person it's for you. If you can forgive then God will forgive you

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

forgiveness is over-rated it just encourages more bad behavior

• 2 years ago

Sometime forgiving a person frees YOU of the burden of carrying around a lot of unproductive anger. You do it for you... not for them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Forgiveness is internal to you, it is not for someone else to be aware of.

• 2 years ago

The key is knowing that forgiveness is a action not a feeling....its an action where you decide "never bring up that subject/issue again".. even if it can still feels bad or of that person doesn't even want forgiveness .

You can't control what other people do.. but you can control your own actions.

forgive but learn from that experience (as opposed to just forgetting)

• 2 years ago

Forgiveness removes the power from the offense and lets you move on. You will be judged by the judgement you give.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I agree with blue faced anon down there from a christian perspective. some christians seem to think Jesus forgave so we don't have to, but he explicitly commanded to forgive.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

• 2 years ago

In a case like that, there is no need for it to show. Just remove the bitterness from your own soul, and that's it.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

forgiving should be done for your own sake, not for theirs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.