!!Parents of teenagers please look at this!!!?

Hi I’m 13 years old and I want to stretch my ears(2g)! My Dad said he’d think about it.... but I know his answer is going to be no. This isn’t my first time asking for this, I’ve asked quit a few times and he always says he’ll think about it and always says no. He wants me to have an Attitude change. I kinda have an attitude but so do all teenagers.... it normal. He wants me to get good grades(all A’s and B’s) which will be hard for me. I can’t focus no matter how hard I try so I usually only get B’s and C’s (sometimes A’s) I can’t concentrate. But any way..... I’ve wanted to stretch my ears for about a year now. And my dads being quit unreasonable. I can’t describe it but if you saw you would agree with me. It’s just stretching my ears. It can shrink back. But any way my dad was the one that wanted me to do this and ask other parents and get there opinions🤷‍♀️ Not because he wants other people’s opinions but because he’s immature and wants to prove a point(that I shouldn’t stretch my ears and he thinks a lot of people would agree). I don’t even know why he isn’t going to let me. He said he’d think about it but I know he won’t let me. He’s not like the kind of person that would care about stuff like this. This is the one thing he won’t let me do. He said he’d rather let me get a tattoo than this.(he’s covered in tattoos so....yah.) what are your opinions on stretching ears(not huge just to like 2g) I think it’s my ears and my dad should let me. But what do you guys think?

This body modification can lead to permanent damage that is irreversible beyond a certain point. Please consider this very carefully, for it could potentially affect your job opportunities or your social relationships. I, myself, am a teen and these modifications might be fresh and exciting to begin with but may lead you to regret them in the future. However, if you are 100% serious about getting this procedure, please do it safely and talk to a professional prior to the operation. Also do not hide it from your parents, since they can provide guidance even if they don't seem very understanding.

• kelvin

why not wait until you have your own place and do it than

• Lava

You know what your dad heard? "I want to stretch my piercings, I don t have any justification for this other than I think I should be allowed to do it, and I m not willing to put in any effort into earning your permission for it." You say he s going to say no, but if you dismiss all his suggestions for how to get to yes, then of course he s going to say no. You didn t even make an attempt.

Stretching a piecing is historically a years long journey that represents growth and change and maturity. If you just want 2g ear piercings, then in around 5 years you can pay someone to stab you with a 2g needle. If you want to modify your body in a way that marks the passage of time (and can be permanent, even at 2g) then you should spend your time doing something worth the modification. Like addressing your issues with concentration so studying is easier, and learning to recognize when your teenage snarkiness has crossed the line into just being a jerkwad for no reason.

Girl, you're 13 and trust me, once you get older some of the choices you made at your age now will make you cry from embarrassment once you get older. You shouldn't excuse your attitude just because you're a teenager. Your ears WILL NOT shrink once they're at 2g and above. It's called stretching your ears for a reason. You can always fake the look by buying fake plugs since only the top screws off. As for school, dont blame lack of attention from those grades. If you want to strive for higher grades you better pay attention and care about them because that excuse won't work once you enter high school and college.

• LM440

I don't see any problems with ear stretching at your age if it is done with parental approval and the stretching is done safely and properly. Just present your best case and hope for the best. If the answer remains no, prepare to wait until you are older.

I may not be a parent, but as a recently turned 20-year-old (and someone who has some piercings of my own!) I would avoid stretching your ears right now. Stretched ears don't always shrink back down to normal, especially if you're stretching up to 2g, seeing as for a few of my friends their 2g+ holes have stayed bigger than a normal piercing size even after having had their tunnels out for a few years now - a couple of them started stretching at around 13 too.

Personally I would wait a couple years before beginning to size up any of your piercings, particularly for the above reason, and particularly because a lot of schools are unaccepting of them. But hey, I'm only one opinion of many, I can't tell you what to do 😊

Listen to your dad. He is right

yer dad is a nitwit and a poor role model...........you should be asking people whoi know better

So he's told you that there is a possibility that you can stretch your ears if you get A's and B's and already you're saying, no, that's too hard, but let me do what I want to do anyway? That's not very fair and that's VERY immature and stupid on your part to just give up on your grades and assume that you can't do it and get rewarded for that, and this is coming from someone that has 0g, multiple piercings, and tattoos.

He's made it clear that you have to work for it, and as your legal guardian, he has every right to dictate your appearance until a certain point. Stretching is not as easy as people claim it is and it costs MONEY. Where are you going to get that money? Probably from HIM, huh? You need to buy the tapers and the plugs/eyelets and let them heal for 1-2 months the bigger you go. This isn't going to be overnight; it can be a long process depending on how long it takes you to heal. He's going to have to cough up the money to allow this, so you think you can just talk him into it and have him spend the money on you too, and you DON'T have to work for it?

I think it's HIS MONEY and he has every right to make you work for it and say no if he wants. Your attitude does stink, even for a teen.

• Faith

Stretching ears is something that should be done when you are 18yrs old or older. Same with tattoos. Why? Because it is a permanent body change.

Source(s): mom of 2 teens