Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 year ago

Why people spend so much money on apple products?

I don't find them worth more than the price, even that is too much for some products.

(dont sue me LOL)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

They're not worth the price. You can get far more hardware for your money with a Windows PC. They're not "Engineered" better than a high end PC. In fact, a custom build with the right parts will have far superior engineering, but you will only understand this if you are familiar with the actual engineering. Apple just does a good enough job with their so called engineering to make sure things won't break within the first 3 years. Apple still buys their memory, processors, storage from 3rd parties like Intel and Samsung. Apple uses Asus and Foxconn to make their motherboards, which I think they call LogicBoard. The only thing Apple truly makes is the O.S. but it's derived from Linux like Android is.

Mac OS and iOS run light and they don't overallocate hardware resources like Windows 10 does. Apple's Operating Systems don't come with Bloatware like Android phones do. Of course Apple's Operating systems are very streamlined and they lack a lot of customizations but this is only an issue for Tech Savvy people. One thing about Windows is, a person is either good with it or they aren't.

The people who typically buy Apple products are the ones who have been burned by Androids, cheap laptops, or they just aren't good at figuring out Windows. I'm typing this message on a $500 Lenovo laptop that's a piece of crap. People get tired of unreliable computers and then they buy an Apple.

Generally you won't find a reliable PC until you hit the $900 range. These companies like Lenovo, HP, Dell, etc don't put a lot of effort into their low end products, and they make profits off these devices by using the cheapest hardware they can find. On the other hand, if you went out and spent $1500 on a heavy Gaming laptop then you're going to get something that's reliable. Clevo, for instance is renowned for making some of the best laptops on the market, but you're not going to find one for much less than $1k.

Culture is the other reason. Did you know that owning Bitcoins is a bragging right in South Korea? It's the same thing with Apple products.

Some people love Steve jobs but if you really do any research on him, he is a whiny POS. He's a real piece of work. If hell actually exists then you will find him there raking coals.

• 8 months ago

Because they provide high quality devices.

• Clifford8 months agoReport

There are many advantages of Apple devices. Apple uses the best quality hardware to provide better performance. Their iOS operating system is the easiest to use yet very powerful and efficient to use mobile OS. If you will have some problems, you can use https://osxtips.net/ to fix them.

• 1 year ago

The clout

• 1 year ago

Initially, I bought an apple computer in 2006 after a Windows HP desktop that was plagued with issues, and a $2000 Fujitsu Lifebook laptop that constantly overheated because the fans couldn't handle the tech. Both computers had viruses often because they ran windows, despite expensive antivirus software. So I got an expensive white Macbook, and until 2014, it never had any problems with function and never got a virus. Win for Apple. When I upgraded in 2014, I went with Apple again since I'd had a great experience with them. This time, I got a late 2013 Macbook Pro laptop, with 8gbs ram and 256 gbs ssd, and a retina screen. I love this computer, particularly the screen. The screen is gorgeous and you can't see any of the pixels no matter how hard you might try. I like the sturdy stability of the aluminum body (they feel well made), the texture and accuracy of the trackpad (also feels well made and the mouse doesn't skip around, ever), and the venting through the keyboard. What don't I love? All the hardware is soldered into the body, so I can't upgrade my ram or my harddrive capacity. The other thing...I love the OSX. If I could get a PC laptop where the trackpad is as good as that of the apple, the screen is as good as the retina screen, it wouldn't overheat or burn my lap, I could run OSX on it, and viruses weren't a concern because of this, I'd switch in a second because of the drop in price and the upgradability.

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Never saw much different in them -- they were concentrating on stylistic appearance mainly -- otherwise, it's a pain to use something different from the norm.

• 1 year ago

I personally hate apple. They're way overpriced and over exaggerated. I dont know why people even like it. I'm a microsoft and android person. Microsoft is kind of overpriced but its because they have features no one else has. Such as the surface book. No one else has that hinge and to take off the screen. Apple takes features from android and people freak out because its apple. I hate apple.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It depends upon the person. I am typing this on an iMac. I started building my own computers in 1988, and used them back in the mainframe days. I've spent 20+ years working in IT. But I refuse to run Windows, and while I may like Linux, it doesn't meet my needs. Apple's engineering is good, so I ponied up the money for a Mac because it works for me. The same isn't true of everyone - my husband still builds his own computers and runs Linux, for example.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Apple products are somewhat good,however the main reason apple products are so popular is A. They look good and more importantly B. Steve Jobs was a master salesman...much like Elon Musk,and bizarrely Jordan Belfort(or whatever his real name is).There are comparable products on the market hugely cheaper, but the publicity and add on/con products have got consumers hooked.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.