A few questions about guns?

Hi, I'm writing a story and have a few questions about guns. However, I live in the UK and have never seen one in real life. My character lives in Georgia, if that helps. (I'm not trying to spark a political debate, its just a part of the story, I want it to be plausible.) I literally know nothing about... show more Hi, I'm writing a story and have a few questions about guns. However, I live in the UK and have never seen one in real life. My character lives in Georgia, if that helps. (I'm not trying to spark a political debate, its just a part of the story, I want it to be plausible.) I literally know nothing about guns, so if it doesn't work at all, please let me know :)

1. How easy is it to buy a gun on the streets if you are under aged? (My character is 16, but can probably pass for 18.) I saw a CNN clip saying you could buy one at a gun show pretty easily. I want the gun to be something small, cheap, easy to buy as possible.

2. How easy is it to get ammunition for said gun? Is any ID required?

3. Later in the story, the protagonist needs the bullets to be made of iron. I couldn't really find any online, except for old civil war ones. Would they be able to use that? If not, is it easy to buy custom bullets made of iron?

4. Can you just take random metal and use it as a bullet, or it that just movie propaganda? (example, just sticking a nail in there.) Would only certain types of guns be able to do this, if at all?