Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

If you found out with absolute certainty the Christian god didn't exist, would you change, and in what way?

Let's say a creator god reveals their self to us and says we were created for no reason in particular, and when we die, we cease to exist beyond the memory of our loved ones.

Are there things about yourself you would act differently on, knowing that the god you thought was true didn't actually exist to care about how you behaved?

What are some things you would do, or opinions you would have, knowing it didn't matter to a god?

"lets hope you understand the theme of my reply."

It's clear you don't understand the theme of my question.

My question is not "How much do you know God is real?"

My question is really, "How has your belief in God influenced who you are, and how different would you be without that?"

"...then we'd just have someone else as President of the United States."

The question is not, "How would life be different if God really didn't exist?"

The question is more, "How has your belief in God influenced who you are, and how different would you be without that?"

"You know what reveals that he cares?"

I did not say the hypothetical god in this thought experiment doesn't care about us. I said the god does not care about our behavior, as we will cease to exist beyond the memories of our loved ones after this life.

Favorite Answer

If I found out with certainty, I would cease to be a Christian. However, don't you think it would be a little paradoxical if God came to me and told me God doesn't exist?

Well, I'd become a lot more relaxed about church attendance, but otherwise I think I'd remain pretty much the way I am now. But he does exist, dear one, as millions of people learn for themselves every year, so the point is really moot.

Friend let me ring a bell for you to get thro your very thick head. religion God and demons is one of the leading businesses on the face of planet Earth. There is more money involved with God and religion and demons than any other occupation including drugs . Just let some doofus open up his mouth and start producing some proof that there is no God.

Friend he won't make it 3 hours and his family will be gone too and his family's family will disappear also. Major religions are not going to stand to lose their financial livelihood because of some doofus. They won't think twice about killing him his family and his family's family and his family's family.

Now if you want to put that to the test you just go to making some noise and see what happens to you. You think the mafia is bad?

start screwing around with organized religion.

You ought to look on the internet at the 20 worst torture methods. They were invented by the church.

• Word

The Christians are right to be afraid of this question, because they either admit they are bad people who would lie, steal, rape, or murder at the root of their core, or they admit God has no effect on their behavior, admitting belief is unnecessary.

You let me know when this BS happens, you atheistic troll!

Another pointless "what if" question. The fact is the God does exist, so there's no way we can hypothesize about his absence.

wont happen...MILLIONS OF US ALREADY KNOW HE IS VERY REAL...skip games or go to myths>>

People can be spiritual without focusing on a God.

• 😌

You know what reveals that he cares? We have the Sun, the sky, the moon and the necessary supplies to live. If he didn't care he wouldn't have wasted his time nor would he have answered prayers for many of us.

I already don't believe in that particular boogeyman, so nothing would change for me beyond being even more certain than I am now.