Well Pump question, I don’t have water and When I turn on sink all it does is Make a Gurgling noise?

I really need help with this. I tried restarting the breaker and Resetting the Water heater. I don’t know what to do. I lost power a few days ago and ever since it got turned back on, I haven’t had water. And Also, because of all the rain I couldn’t run the Sump pump in the basement so it may of hit the Water heater? I don’t know what to do to fix this! Please help!

• ?

Water heater is a separate issue then the water pump. Your sump did not run, which means you may have had flooding. If so, the flood water probably killed the water heater as well as the controls for your well pump. If you are not familiar with these systems, you are going to need a plumber, one that specifically handles wells, not all plumbers understand them.

If you want to take a peek yourself, make sure your power is off at the breaker box to the well, it will be a 240 breaker. Then go take a peak at the pressure switch, which should be at the bottom of your expansion tank. See if that got messed up and such. There should be a disconnect or control for the pump in the area mounted on the wall, often times right above where the well line enters the house. It varies depending on your system and such, if that got wet, it will most likely need to be replaced.

• GTB

It sounds like you have several electrical problems; clearly you do not understand how to troubleshoot electrical problems and advising you on this is unwise as you can do great harm to yourself. Get a qualified electrician to examine the situation and advise you.

• Edwena

You don't have electrical power for the water pump motor. The first thing to look at is the circuit breaker for the pump motor. The second thing is the pump pressure switch. It might be full of mud or bugs. The third thing is the pump motor itself, which is probably down inside the well and takes equipment to pull out. Since the pump is probably 240 volt, that is enough to really hurt you. It would be best to call the water well company that drilled your well. They keep a record of everything done to the well. The gurgling sound is the little bit of water in the empty pipe moving around from changes in air pressure.

I SUSPECT that there is a fuse, breaker, or similar circuit protection for the well pump that you didn't properly reset after the power loss.

I'd call a well service company. If you can't even diagnose what's wrong, how are you going to fix it?.

Call a plumber or an electrician.