Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Was just discriminated because I’m a Christian?

I went to a publicly owned bakery. I wanted cupcakes that had crucifix shaped icing on the top that was red symbolizing the blood of Jesus. The store owner said he would not do it but wouldcbe more than happy to serve just regular cupcakes with white frosting. Why am I a target now? When did it become normal to discriminate against me?

Favorite Answer

I dont get it. Conservatives have never thought rejecting custom contracts in business was a form of discrimination.

• Sally

Liar.

None of that is true, of course; you just made that up, you lying fuckbag.

• helene

I've never heard of a "publically-owned bakery." What's it called?

The People's Pan?

The Cupcake Collective?

First USA Bakery?

Nice try. They baker doesn't have to do something that violates genuine religious beliefs. But there are always other bakers.

Let me guess. This bakery doesn't offer custom cupcakes, but you somehow failed to mention this in your story of persecution.

These woeful tales of Christians being persecuted always recall the story of "that poor little Christian boy" who was expelled from school "just for reading his Bible." The story that somehow left out the parts about the little boy's long history of disrupting the lesson by reading his Bible LOUDLY to drown out the teacher's voice.

To give you an actual answer to your question, no - you were not discriminated against. He still offered to serve you, he just didn't want to make what you were asking for. Had he refused to serve you at all because of your faith, then you would have a legitimate argument to being discriminated against.

Maybe you came across as a blueface, anonymous BS type jack hole... Just suggesting... Thanks.

The Supreme Court has sided with them. Business are allowed to refuse to serve you for whatever reason they please. This means deny you service based on your faith. You religious people wanted it and now you are getting a taste of it and think it’s unfair? Lol

Gays want a wedding cake

Bakers MAKE wedding cakes

A wedding cake is a standardized thing, like Burger Combo Number 5

The gay couple asked for a Wedding Cake

Not a cake of a man raping a 4 year old boy

Maybe you should lay off the sugary foods, fattie