Dental Appointment in 2 Days...I'm Freaking Out?

So I'm 32 years old and haven't seen a dentist since i was a child. I without a doubt am very self conscious about my teeth. I google a lot and its starting to scare me. I don't feel as if I have painful or swollen gums but my gums are not as pink as others. I also dont bleed when brushing or flossing.... show more So I'm 32 years old and haven't seen a dentist since i was a child. I without a doubt am very self conscious about my teeth. I google a lot and its starting to scare me. I don't feel as if I have painful or swollen gums but my gums are not as pink as others. I also dont bleed when brushing or flossing. I brush 2x a day, use mouthwash 2x a day, floss 1x a day and then top it with a periogen mixture 2x a day. I was also told to rinse my mouth with warm salt water 2x a day. I do have some tartar build up so that's my biggest concern. Im not sure what they will uncover when that is gone. I really dont want to be told that I have gum disease. That will be devastating for me. Could anybody give me some advice or input on how to deal with expecting to hear the worst?
9 answers 9