Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Can only eating fruit after a work out help me lose weight?

After a long cardio workout and lifting weights I tend to go home and eat until I get full. This usually ends with me keeping the same weight. If I max out in only fruit after a work out would that help me lose weight? I tend to be able to control my appetite during the day but after a work out I need to max out if not I get migraines.

Fruit is loaded with natural sugars, and our bodies DO NOT NEED to run on sugar. It's not healthy... and sugar is sugar in whatever form. Eat whole healthy foods and healthy fats after a work out if you want to lose fat. Our bodies are naturally fat burning machines, never meant to live on sugar.

For maximum fat loss, eliminate carbohydrates completely from your diet, including fruit. Fruit makes you fat, period. Fruit is pure, simple sugar that causes insulin release and fat storage plain and simple. Do the ketogenic diet if you really want to lose fat.

One apple has 19 grams of sugar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJosZCnrbw

Youtube thumbnail

How to lose weight and get shredded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U

Youtube thumbnail

• Quato

The migraine is actually withdrawals, your amygdala is angry and confused about the lowering of caloric intake.

There's nothing more to conquering it than discipline and persistence, gradually lower calories over a few weeks and if you get a migraine, you gotta take some aspirin and tough it out.

Source(s): Food withdrawal symptoms: The most common withdrawal symptoms are: headache. food cravings. irritability, tearful. fatigue. generalized aching, joint and back pain. Trust me I've dealt with it myself.

I have a little bowl of cold green grapes while I'm on the treadmill for 90 minutes. I eat one about every five minutes. The quick release energy is great without eating too much.

After my cardio, I too am hungry, but what my body wants is protein. I keep a container of grilled chicken breast in the fridge cut into about 2 oz portions. That little chunk of protein completely satisfies my after work-out cravings.

Bear in mind you will be having sugar if you have fruit - maybe some protein snack or shake might be a better idea.

• Andy C

Only if fruit replaces all sweets and you get rid of processed foods with sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar and juice.

No fruit juices.

• J

If you are going to eat some fruits I will just recommend to eat strawberries they are low in calories not all fruits will help you because they contain sugar and sugar will be transform into carbs that you cant burn. best thing for you to do after a workout is a protein shake.