Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 years ago

Why are some teenagers so toned and muscular ?

I’m a 15 year old guy and although I don’t consider myself fat I am not exactly thin. I have a reasonable amount of core strength but absolutely no toning whatsoever. Yet some people my age have literally full on 6 packs, I can’t believe all these people work out that much to get like that. Is it just down to genetics or do they just have the time to go to the gym everyday ? Also how can I try and become more toned, I just feel like I’m in the minority even though they don’t all have 6 packs they are all very muscular !!

Sorry ik that’s a lot of questions but it’s something that I have been pondering on lately especially around by the pools on holiday, thanks in advance :) !

Favorite Answer

At age 15 it's your parents who determine your body type. Genetics dictates whether you have a six pack or not. Diet and exercise do help. Staring at a computer monitor 10 hours a day hurts. At this point in time it is mostly genetics. I had a bit of a pot belly at 15 thanks to my father. Get out and be active. Try to eat a reasonable diet. Be healthy. And don't compare yourself with your peers who have muscular parents.

• edward

At that age i practically lived in the water, i was a competitive swimmer, captain of the team, swimming is the best workout you can possibly have to gain muscle, want to tone it? I’m going to suggest ballet dancing. Something else i did, one of the most difficult things i’ve ever done in my entire life is ballet, forces you to use muscles not regularly used and engage muscles and keep them engaged for a long period of time, it can become difficult to do

Mostly genetics, frankly. I have a friend who is not athletic at all, not into sports and he has a small 6 pack, broad shoulders and good pecs-- and does nothing to look that way. Just luck of the genetic draw.

Genetics.

You're old enough to understand that. How is it you don't know that we're all different. Some guys are muscular and hairy, others are scrawny and hairless. We're all different.

It can help u get a bon-er

• Gert

Your toned friends are much more active than the ones who sit and stare at their electronics. You have to get up and start moving.

• Josie

I guess they are wasting a lot of their life in gyms

and pounding robotic machines all day.

The boys who spend their time on Cyber games probably

don't hang out on poolsides.