Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 years ago

I just kissed my brother’s girlfriend, what should I do?

I’m 19 and my bro and his gf are both 18. They’ve been dating for 2.5 years. This is both of their first relationships, basically they’ve been dating for most of high school. They just graduated and are about to go to college.

We all went to a party and we all got drunk. After the party and after we all went home, I literally went to her house, went in her room, and we kissed. Just kissed. We were both still drunk. I am now the second guy she’s ever kissed—first is my bro, obviously.

I really don’t know what to do. My bro and I are so so close. This is the most rotten and guilty I’ve ever felt in my life. Please, help.

Who should I go to for advice about this?? My older brother? My best friend?

• Tina
    Favorite Answer

This is so sad. You say that you and your brother are so close. You know you have crossed a line that you shouldn't have crossed. Being drunk is not an excuse for what you did. You knew exactly what you were doing when you went to her room and kissed her. If you could walk to her room then you weren't that drunk. I think that you need to face the damage that you have done between you and your brother before you tell him what you did. Yes, you will have to tell him what you did behind his back. The reason I feel that you have to tell him is that I know you regret what you did. If you don't tell him then the guilt will get the best of you and you know that you won't be able to keep that a secret. What you did was so wrong. But no matter what, my heart still goes out to you because it's not hard to see how this is affecting you. Tell your brother what you did. He will be very angry with you and very disappointed. But the problem is also with his girlfriend. She didn't push you away. He will probably break up with her. But he will always be your brother. And the day will come when he will be able to forgive you for what you did.

stop drinking

• funny

You betrayed the trust. Now keep away from them.

That was a d**k move. You should talk to your brother and step up to what you did. Or try and hide it if possible. If not possible then talk to him.

• kristy

She’s probably disappointed all you did was kiss.

• I suggest selective amnesia.

Oh gosh that’s awful. Um I really don’t know. I guess either you or the gf should tell him or do it together. Idk... it’s tricky.