Jake asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 years ago

My “friend” is threatening to sue me if I don’t buy him a new laptop?

My friend is really pissed off and salty over a prank I pulled on him where I sent him a fake antivirus program called Navashield and made him install it on his laptop. Admittedly I did give his computer a mild virus that opened up websites that he probably didn’t want to see. But he’s taking things out of proportion now trying to sue me. It’s also sorta his fault for being too stupid to uninstall the program. I don’t want to pay for his replacement

ur terrible

You should but him a new laptop or atleast give him half of what he paid for it to give him some type of relief. But i feel that you should apologize to him because you went to far and messed up his computer and he could have been doing more important things on it than just fooling around with Fake antivirus. That is wrong what you did and you should work something out with him. In life there are certain things that are not meant to be a joke.

Source(s): Similar issue happened to my friend

Law doesnt protect stupid foooooools!

Just the fact alone that you try to minimize the wrong you did---software damaging someone's laptop computer, with a "mild virus"---clearly proves YOU ARE LIABLE for ALL costs to remove that "mild virus" and undo / repair any software damage done to the person's computer.

Your prank also damaged your friendship with this person. It's best you ASAP agree to cover ALL costs of removing this virus, then leave your friend for a long while, an hope he heals from the heartfelt hurt of betrayal YOUR "mild virus" prank did.

So you DO know where this is going IF this matter goes before a small claims court judge??? Get moving to fix all this now.

If I was your friend I would have beat you good with that laptop. You are a horrible friend, what is wrong with you?? Damaging or destroying other peoples property is not considered funny!

Does not sound like you are friends at all, a real friend would not do what you did. Apologize and remove the program and do a system restore.

TROLL. If you think that is a prank, you couldn't force anyone to install anything at gunpoint.

Note: WHEN he sued, he probably won't get a new laptop, but he WILL get a judgement for you to pay for PROFESSIONAL virus removal, and they will find more than just the virus you claim to have installed.

• Jas B

So if someone played a prank on you and it made your car stop working, if you were not able to fix it yourself, does that make it your fault if you are too stupid to be able to fix it yourself

• TedEx

No .It is your fault for doing such a stupid thing! Offer to have him take his laptop to a computer store and have them remove thee virus. It will cost you about $ 100.00

He would probably be better off reporting you for breaking computer misuse laws (depending on your country) then suing, the conviction would provide better evidence