Can Americans travel to Iran as tourists? Would this be safe?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is unlikely.

When I was traveling a lot back in the 1960's and 70's (during the Cold War) the Government would no give visas to go to several nations, and if you entered those Nations illegally the US Government would not promise any help if you were harmed or imprisoned.

I do not know what those policies are today. Changes in Diplomatic Relations strongly influence what Nations you may visit.

When you received your passport did you gt a list that included travel restrictions?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Same as Cuba - - go to a different country first, then cross the border like any other traveler

• 2 years ago

As long as you're not traveling on an American passport you would be alright.

• 2 years ago

Current travel advisory site is at level 4: Do not travel to Iran due to the risk of arbitrary arrest and detention of U.S. citizens.

From a "virtual embassy site". The US has no presence there.

The United States does not have a physical or diplomatic presence in Iran. Switzerland serves as protecting power for the United States.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

I wouldn't recommend it.

• 2 years ago

There are many beautiful, interesting, historic, and cultural things to experience in Iran. However, I think you should take advice from the U. S. State Department and other agencies that have detailed, up-to-date information about the country. And bear in mind that the political situation is volatile, and the situation could become dangerous very fast.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Their is a travel advisory for going to Iran so they are pretty much telling you that they are not going to come to your rescue.

• 2 years ago

probably, not sure how safe it is

• 2 years ago

Americans can travel to Iran as tourists, but it would not be safe.

According to the Department of State:

Do not travel to Iran due to the risk of arbitrary arrest and detention of U.S. citizens.

There is a very high risk of arrest and detention of U.S. citizens in Iran, particularly U.S.-Iranian dual nationals.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/interna...

• 2 years ago

No it would not be safe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.