Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

I think my uncle and my mom are having an affair. what should I do?

I've been noticing stuff latelly with my mom and uncle(my father's brother). they are acting super weird when I'm around. they meet up every weekend and sometimes he even comes over. I even caught them in my mom's bedroom laying on the bed. but they were fully clothed. my dad is away from work and won't get back another 2 months. i want to talk to my mom but I'm scared I'm imagining things. btw I'm 15. any advice?

Favorite Answer

I think you should speak privately with your mother and tell her that seeing them together like that, while your father is away, makes you extremely uncomfortable and that you are even worried they might be having an affair. All of which is true. Tell her that what she seems to be doing affects not only her, but you, and even your father, whether he knows about it or not. I can't say for certain what else you should do...some say stay out of it, some say not, but I think that, depending upon how she answers you, I might tell her that she needs to stop doing this (she'll probably tell you its "nothing" and that you're making a mountain out of a molehill, etc.), or that you will tell your father about it. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want that to happen ! I think she's playing with fire and that no good can come of it, if indeed there is something inappropriate going on, and it sure sounds that way to me. Good wishes,

"Mom, if you saw me and my 16 yr old cousin lying on my bed together, would you approve?" I am going to ask Dad his opinion when he returns after working so hard to SUPPORT us ALL."

Dont go there

Acting weird or strange is one thing, but laying on her bed together is something completely different. You have every right to say something to your mother and you should, but expect her to deny everything.

You should stay out of it. There is no good you can do here.

i would just stay out of it since theres nothing you can do about it anyways

• ?

Don't be afraid. Ask and clarify the situation. Best wishes.

• glcang

You need to chill and not get involved

Stay tf out of your moms business.

If you are a girl you can join in.