Sam asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 2 years ago

Should my family go to Disney World in June or August?

My family is planning to go on a trip to Disney world in the summer of 2019. We are looking at either late June or late August because those are the most convenient times. A couple of factors play into this decision, like airfare cost, hotel cost (onsite), and crowd level. Any suggestions?

• sats
    Favorite Answer

Go in late August, it's just has hot in June as it is in August so you wont benefit any there. The perk of going in late August is the Florida school system is back in session so the crowds are down.

I would say August just beacuse the school started and there would be less people and less line waiting time. Goodluck. I use to work for Disney fun place.

Late August is probably better. The closer you get to July the higher the crowds, which also means more expensive rates for the hotels. At least in late August most local kids will already be back in school and crowds will be a little bit lower, though they'll still be high.

• MS

Late August will be brutally hot, but not really much worse than late June. The nice thing about late August is that it is Value season, when hotel rates are lower and promotions are more common; crowds aren't quite as bad then either.

Late August is usually pretty good crowdwise as long as you stay away from Labor Day weekend.

If you can manage it, I recommend October. It's much cooler and the crowds are fewer.

Sats is right that many school systems in the south go back in mid August, so the local crowds will be lighter in late August. That doesn't stop the international visitors. I can't imagine going there in the summer at all- standing in line for rides is bad enough, but in 95 degree weather, it's unbearable. I have only been in February and March, when it's quite pleasant.

Your library will have copies of Birnbaum's Guide to Disney World. Amazingly useful book

June