Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Should Nikki Haley run for President so any democratic criticism against her can be shut down as racist, sexist and sikhaphobic?

• TNO

No.

Running for the presidency just to spite people is not a good plan. Though, Nikki Haley isn't going to run for those reasons: She'd run because she thinks she's the strongest fit to lead our nation. Which, may not be too far off the mark with her. The Republicans may not be the best bunch, but they're not going to run someone just because of her characteristics that, for all intents and purposes, should be irrelevant.

I do see some people withholding some comments against her because she is a brown women of a minority religious background. However, that'll just force her critics to engage with her position and political/economic/social beliefs more so than with other candidates. Or, we could see a surprising amount of people call her whatever the Indian equivalent for an "Uncle Tom"/"Aunt Jemima" is. I haven't seen anything like that directed towards her yet, though it's something we do see directed at black conservatives so it's to be anticipated.

I don't see Nikki Haley relying on he race, sex, or Sikh background to shut down criticism either. If she hears bigotry then I expect her to address that; however, as a person she'll put forth her ideas before her identities.

Wait until after Trump's 2nd term then I will vote for her.

I would probably vote for her

Haley is as hateful as Sarah Sanders.

You people are full of hate.