What to do?

A lot of people misunderstood my other question so I’ll reword it and make it straight to the point.

Tuesday I went in to just review my time punch cause I thought I forgot to clock in (I was wrong). My general manager then notice that I’ve only been having one shift a week. She then says “I’m going to give you more hours.” Friday, she did exactly what she said she was going to do and but me on for 3 shifts. Later on that day, my coworker ask if he could have my Saturday shift and I said no I need it. He then says his hours decreased. I felt bad, but I’ve only been working once a week and a few times I had no shifts for an entire week. Anyways, he text our bakery manager and tells him about the situation and our bakery managers takes me off and puts my coworker on. I feel disrespected cause I told my coworker no he couldn’t have my shift and he goes back and tells my manager to take me off. This isn’t the first time this has happened.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like the general manager thinks highly of you and wants you to work more but the bakery manager thinks more highly of the other employee and wants them to have more hours.

You could go back to the general manager (assuming he outranks the bakery manager) and tell him what happened and just ask if he thinks he can find more hours for you. Don't be judgemental towards anyone, just explain it like this is the unfortunate thing that happened but you are such a hard worker and money is tight so if he could find you more hours you'd really appreciate it. He may just say he can't help you, may try to find more hours and fail but he may also get mad at the bakery manager for doing this and flip the shift back of at least tell him to not do this again - anyhow no telling what he'll do but if you set the tone correctly this may help you and shouldn't really hurt you - worth a shot.

If you go back to the other employee or bakery manger with this compalint I doubt it will help you at all - those are probably dead ends.

You weren't disrespected, How? Business is business, you don't like how it's being managed, then that's your deal, learn how to speak up for yourself and or get another job!! And PLEASE stop your whining!

Call the manager and say that you never agreed to switch the shift and would like it back.

Ask that they contact you in the future when this employee says you agreed to switch the shift (because that's what they almost certainly did).

In the meantime, if these issues are ongoing and you're unhappy with the number of hours you're getting, look into applying for other jobs (but don't quit this one until you have an offer from somewhere else).

Start looking for another job. It’s up to your boss how to schedule, and you and your coworker and anyone else who works there can ask for more hours. You aren’t being disrespected; your boss has the prerogative to assign/reassign hours.! But it’s pretty clear that there just aren’t enough hours to go around, so you should probably find a new job.

Speak with your manager about the situation. You know, as if you were a regular adult. And also, stop posting anonymously if you want people to take you seriously.

• kelvin

you seriously need to talk to the owners

Start looking for another job with more hours

Talk to your supervisor.....that does seem sneaky to me.🐝 I wouldn't trust that co-worker .

Not come to yahoo answers and explain to us your miserable dumb life.