How to feed my pet hippopotamus?

I just got a pet hippopotamus last week and I've been pretty scared to feed it. She's in the back yard right now swimming gin our pool. She is roaring like she is really hungry. Please help me. I don't want to lose my hippo, Linda. She means the world to me.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Try an extra pillow over your head.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

They love watermelon and fresh fruits as treats but go easy on them..greens and most vegetables but don’t forget to have some good Bermuda grass or Timothy grass, first cut preferred and some first cut alfalfa and out for grazing. They prefer fresh grass but I don’t they nkmyour lawn may be rable to support it.

Remember she will eat round 2.5% of her weight every night so make sure she gets enough to eat.

• Ashbug
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Give it lots of veggies

☆ Sent from iOS Dr. Know! 1.1.04

• 2 years ago

Simply; dump about half a ton of salad fixings into the pool with her. Do that every day. She'll be fine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • R K
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

well get it out of the pool, the pool chemicals will kill it. hippos are vegetarians feed it bales of hay or alfalfa. no one has these for pets they will kill you in a heartbeat.

• Steven
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

O had a hippo when I was five and had the same problem , what helped me was I left a plate of bees and ants near her pool and she ate at her own pace. Rember hippos are very small animals so they woulnt need feeding again for two more weeks but you could leave a snack near by. A hippos favorite snacks are chocolate cookies , bat breasts , and deep fried tuna wings. Good luck !

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

very carefully

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.