Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 years ago

can a modern laptop with an ssd drive easily survive the beating from being packed in airline luggage?

i need a portable computer when i travel, but don't want to drag it through the airport and unpack everything for tsa security. i need something so robust i can pack it in my suitcase and check it at the ticket desk. any ideas?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

No problem.

That suitcase you check will likely be filled with clothes right? Put the laptop right in the middle of all the clothes. It'll be just fine.

• stan l
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Sure. However it won't survive the luggage thieves. Theoretically every piece of checked baggage is x-rayed. I guarantee yours will be the first piece stolen and the airline will laugh at you.

• 2 years ago

yes. the ssd is much tougher than that

• 2 years ago

It would be incredibly stupid to pack a laptop in your checked luggage! You shouldn't put anything in checked luggage that would be difficult to replace- don't pack prescription medicine, valuable souvenirs, or electronic equipment. Anyway, opurt is right about it being forbidden to put lithium batteries in checked luggage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

1. You're not supposed to put Lithium batteries in checked luggage. They're a fire hazard. That means you can't pack a laptop.

2. The screen is the part most likely to be damaged, and it'd be the most expensive part to replace if it did break. The airlines won't cover damages since they tell you not to check laptops.

3. It's much more likely to be stolen than damaged, and again the airlines won't help because it wasn't supposed to be in there in the first place.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.