Could I be the victim of a scam?

This morning, while I was walking to the grocery store, a middle aged woman stopped and asked to use my phone to call her daughter as she forgot hers at home. After sizing her up, I determined that she would not be able to take off with my phone, so I asked for the number and dialed it for her. I gave her the phone... show more This morning, while I was walking to the grocery store, a middle aged woman stopped and asked to use my phone to call her daughter as she forgot hers at home. After sizing her up, I determined that she would not be able to take off with my phone, so I asked for the number and dialed it for her. I gave her the phone and she had a 10 second conversation that I could not hear (the street we were on is busy).

I watched closely to ensure that she was not clicking around on the phone or anything like that.

I looked up the number and it is the number for a jewelry store/pawn shop about 30 miles from where we were, which seems to conflict with the idea that she was calling her daughter.

Is it likely that this is a scam?

Please do not reply by stating that I shouldn't have lent the woman my phone. I was skeptical but thought I was taking all of the right precautions.