Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 years ago

Maid of Honor or Officiant?

My best friend is ordained and I was thinking about her being the officiant for my wedding, but I also wanted her to be my MOH. Which would be more special because I think it would be too hard for her to be both. Being the officiant? or MOH?

I would ask her. Personally, I think the Officiant is the greater honor because the role is vitally important and the duties are more personal. But she may prefer to be MOH.

• drip

When my daughter got married one of their groomsmen married them. They had a friend from the groom’s church start the ceremony, welcoming the guests, saying a bit about the couple, said a prayer, then he went and played the guitar off to the side while the couple did the lighting of the candles. Then the groomsman.walked over and did the actual reading of the vows and pronounced them husband and wife. It went very smoothly

Seriously... who of us cares and what difference does it make to you.

• Ocimom

I think MOH would be better. Both of you (your fiancé and you) should decide on who will be doing the ceremony. Personally, I don't agree with female clergy/pastors.

Well she can't be both.. but I think Maid of Honor is the higher position.

Talk to your fiance(e) and ask what (s)he has in mind for your officiant.

Then talk to your BFF.

I got married by my uncle, it was cool.

I would say officiant is more special.

You should ask her.

Asking if she wants to be the MOH or the officiant

Officiant.

• lila

Only YOU can answer which role is more important to YOU at YOUR wedding.

What does your fiance think? Your MOH is your choice, but the officiant is someone that you and your fiance choose together.

You could always ask your best friend which role she would prefer...