Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 years ago

Why do men act like this?

He and I aren't in a relationship we would only meet up to have sex. And he talks to other women so why was he upset when I told him I had someone else? No I wasn't trying to be a b*tch. I told him because I didn't think he wanted to hook up with me anymore. And I wanted to be honest with him because sometimes he would ask me I was having sex with other men. While I was having sex with him.

And as for it bruising his ego how could that be the case? When we weren't together? It shouldn't matter.

normal

• not

"I told him because I didn't think he wanted to hook up with me anymore". So you decided how he feels and thinks and acted based on those delusions. Pretty common really. I don't see the whole conversation but I can tell you it's exhausting and irritating to live in pretend land with your feeling and thoughts chosen for you by others.

• Rick

You're right, it shouldn't matter. If you both haven't agreed to be exclusive to each other, then it doesn't matter who you have sex with. Ask him what he thinks the 'rules' are. He might have a different belief than you do and you'll need to work that out together.

Men are like this because men see women as their items, possessions. This is 100% true. Men like to control everything and everyone around them, but as soon as that one person or thing starts to distance themselves from that man, a defense mechanism is activated through either agrrssion or manipulation, in order to stop this so called distance from expanding even more. He seems to be claiming you as a possession, and is after other women to amplify his ego. When he sees you talking or wanting another man, that's a threat for him, because that man is stealing his valuables. But you aren't a valuable, because you're priceless. **** that man, ditch his ***.

Source(s): 16 year old boy