Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 2 years ago

Why would reproduction be needed if evolution creates life? Even now species should be forming out from the process of evolution, right?

So it took millions or thousands of years for evolution. Why has evolution stopped animals from "evolving" into humans. There should be no fossils but actual homo erectus's roaming the earth today along with many others like it. And don't tell me I have break this down into baby bits for atheists to understand because frankly, I know a lot of you won't understand the question being that my level of speaking is above what some have been taught but for those who are open minded (meaning non-trolls) this question is more for you.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We can observe that particular traits of some creatures are altered due to natural selection. Maybe it isn't that new species are observed, but there are transformations in species that take place rather rapidly.

To answer your primary question, evolution wouldn't occur without reproduction. A form can't evolve if it doesn't reproduce and die.

• MARK
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It took me five minutes to stop laughing after reading this question before I was able to write an answer. What made me laugh the most was your claim, "... my level of speaking is above...". From the contents of your answer it seems your knowledge of evolution can be written on the reverse of a standard-sized postage stamp with room left to spare.

Your first error is to conflate evolution and abiogenesis. The establishment of life on Earth is called abiogenesis. Evolution could not start until there was life. Therefore, evolution is not about the "creation of life". It is about how life has changed after it came into existence.

Your second error is the inference that evolution has a goal and that goal is humans. That is wrong. Evolution does not have a plan or an endgame. Evolution does not work towards something specific. The fact one lineage of animals led to us does not mean that all animals are en route to evolving into humans. Evolution of humans happened once. It will not be repeated.

Your third error is a confusion rather than an error. If you think the aim is for all animals to evolve into humans it is perverse you should think early hominins such be extant.

Your fourth error is that you do not seem to understand the purpose of reproduction. It is to sustain populations of a species. Reproduction is how every type of species gets new individuals. No reproduction would result in the extinction of all species.

• 2 years ago

It is much harder to create life from scratch than to reproduce one from an existing individual. Think about it. It is much easier to build a car from a blueprint than it is to invent a new one from nothing every time you build a new car.

• 2 years ago

Evolution works through reproduction, passing on new mutations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Evolution is for grownups. You aren't expected to understand. Troll rating: 2.0. No imagination.

• You know why most people wont' understand your question?

It is gibberish, which shows you've never read anything on evolution, but have only been exposed to similar rants about it.

Evolution doesn't have a goal of making people. Evolution simply favors species which have mutations which provide better ways of surviving and reproducing.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Evolution doesn't create life.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Its fine if you don't want to understand the basics of evolution - it does not create life, no idea where you got that idea.

Species evolve into other species - humans today are not the same species as humans millions of years ago.

"my level of speaking is above what some have been taught" - yes hon, you feel free to think that.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Evolution hasn't stopped, it's an ongoing process. Normally evolution takes tens of millions of years to produce a noticeable change among a population, but there are exceptions to this rule. For example, over the last century many viral and bacterial strains have evolved to become resistant to antibiotics.

Also, not all evolution will ultimately produce humans. Bears will never evolve into humans. Given enough time it may produce a more intelligent variety of bear, but it would still be a bear.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Your level of speaking is indeed way above what we have been taught - indeed, it is approaching the very height and pinnacle of moronic stupidity!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.