Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

How any of you Kids remember when the Republican Party was ALL about lowering USA Debt, cutting the size of Government, Global Free Trade?

What happened to the Republican Party?

• Favorite Answer

No

And I was born more than fifty years ago. The Republican party I'm acquainted with has always race baited, favored the rich, exploded the deficit, used religion as a wedge issue, and exploited federal power when elected.

About the only thing which has changed in my eyes is their stance on Free Trade. I'm used to this being something only Midwestern Democrats are against.

I do...The Libertarian Party is today what the Republican Party USED to be like.

Those promises go back to Eisenhower.

No.

The Republican Party is a cult. They don't actually stand for anything. Their cult leader changed so they changed all their opinions to match their dear leader's opinions. They have no real principles.

• Unseen

It is still about that perhaps not the politicians but the people

Democrats now have that platform.