peatrice asked in PetsFish · 2 years ago

I got 2 common goldfish 1 shubunkin and 1 broadtale moor, is there room for more in my 55 gallon fish tank?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

No.

Common goldfish and shubunkins require 20 gallons of water just for themselves and a minimum tank of 50 gallons for even just one fish.

This means your tank can support only two of the thre common and shubunkins you currently have.

Fancy goldfish and black moors should not be housed with common goldfish or with shubunkins. The fancies and moors are not fast enough, or hardy enough to keep up and defend themselves. They also prefer warmer waters than the other types of goldfish.

So either 4 fancy goldfish or two common/shubunkins.

So no, you don’t have room for more fish. You don’t even have room for the fish you have.

• 2 years ago

the common and the shubunkin can live together, They will eventually outgrow the 55 gallon.

The moor should not be in the tank with the commons or the shubunkin, as the shubunkin and common will beat him to food, will stress him out, may begin to treat him like an outsider and bully him.

So no , no more fish, return or rehome the Moor.

• 2 years ago

In my opinion, no.

A 55 can support either two common/comet type fish, including shubunkins, or four fancy goldfish, and ideally not together. A female fancy goldfish can be killed by male normal goldfish, and normal goldfish will eventually begin to bully fancy ones as they outgrow them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.