Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 years ago

Is it good to smoke when it's cold?

Here I'll teach you. When it's very cold and you're about to die I normally light a cigarette, better if it's a brand like Camel or Marlboro and take a drag and keep and inhale and keep the smoke in the body. That warms you up. I think cigarettes are just for that. They're not evil. Or are they?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • MELONS
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

camel are fantastic

• 2 years ago

No it's not good any time

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Smoking isn't good at any time.

• No

Smoking decreases your circulation. Which means your extremities, like your arms or penis get less blood, which means they're less warm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

They constrict the blood vessels. Which may make you warmer. But they also destroy elastin in your blood vessels, which helps keep them permanently constricted so they might also give you a heart attack if you smoke enough.

You can wear an extra sweater for the same effect but without the heart attack.

I'd personally prefer the sweater.

• 2 years ago

Typically we all have our faults and it is better you enjoy life smoking tobacco than if you didn't smoke and hated yourself for not being grateful for something you did like.

• 2 years ago

Years ago I drove a Volkswagen van across Canada. Most of Canada is warm enough in the Summer but it gets cold at night. Sitting around the campfire I'd ask someone for a drag on his cigarette. (Canadians all smoke like chimneys! And they're very good about sharing.) Just a puff or two would warm me right up for the rest of the night.

Now I understand it's not really warming you up, it just makes you feel warmer. Like alcohol. It brings blood to the skin or something. And it only works if you're not used to the effects of nicotine. If you've been smoking for years you wouldn't notice it.

Otherwise, smoking is much more dangerous than drinking. Smoking kills hundreds of thousands of people in the US every year. ONE THIRD of smokers die from something related to smoking--lung cancer, emphysema, COPD, even stroke or heart attack. So to answer your question, it's not good to smoke ANY time.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

I smoked for 30 years. You have no clue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.