Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Is it a good thing that the baker who refused to make a cake for LGBTQ people actually has more business now?

Favorite Answer

What I hate most is the double standard.

liberals praise business owners who trash Trump voters, yet claim you're a bigot if a cake baker doesn't want to make a cake for a gay couple.

It's the most blatant definition of hypocrisy yet they don't care

I'm indifferent to the state of this persons business. However, if you are open to the public, be open to the public. Allowing the baker to not make the cake could eventually lead to widespread discrimination against gay couples. This is a free country where every person has civil rights.

• No.

C'mon Boys and Girls

Let's show that we love Jesus by supporting homophobic businesses

I'm just glad they pushed back against government oppression and won.

That was in the US though wasn't it? In the UK a couple of gays successfully sued a hotel for not letting them share a room, so if it was here that baker could have been sued and lost. In a place where there are screaming Christians, he would get more business, over here he would be frowned on and possibly boycotted, over here it would make no business sense not to sell someone a cake and there is much less of a problem with gays.

It's on an equal level of goodness as someone pushing you down a flight of stairs and you breaking your neck.

I am a small business owner and everybody in that scenario had a right. However nobody tells me how to run my shop unless you are putting in the money.