Can I register to a new school a month before I start living in the district?

I’m going to be a senior in September. However, at the end of Junior year, due to my crippling mental health issues, my family wanted me to move to another school district so I could be with my sister’s family. My sister bought a house in a good school district however it is still under construction and the contract says that the expected finished date is September 15th (although it is more than likely to be delayed until November - December ). She currently rents a condo in a nearby town and the school there is horrible, I’ve heard from friends and people there that there are constant fights happening and the school enforces strict rules. I’ve had long term depression and anxiety. Putting me in that kind of environment would push me over the edge again. My sister’s lease ends in October and she’s planning on renting another apartment/house in the district with the good school until I graduate in June. I was wondering if the school would allow us to register a month earlier, I know that due to border hopping and issues like that, schools would not allow for new registration unless I’am presently living in the district. I want to know if there are something we can do.

• drip

Yes you should be able to. Our house was being built and we were due to move in in ocean. We stated my son in the new school in August, even though we had net moved as yet. It wasn’t finish until December. We just had to prove we bought a house with in their boundaries

Probably