Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 years ago

Spotting at 5 weeks 6 days pregnant ?

On Tuesday, I noticed light spotting after I had a BM.. it continued on until Thursday evening and then stopped. Today (Saturday) I had a BM, went to wipe & saw more spotting this time the spotting was nearly red... what could be happening?? Am I miscarrying?

Edited to add: I had sex Monday night.

• Edna

It's highly unlikely that you're miscarrying. The spotting is probably being caused by common hemorrhoids.

• Elle

You are describing hemorrhoids which are normal for some females during preggo. Be sure to tell your doctor.

Spotting in early pregnancy without any other symptoms is almost always benign. Call your doctor if you're concerned.

my absolute most sincere apologies. My comment was supposed to go to the person asking if they could get pregnant from anal sex. I don't know how I ended up posting it on your question. Again I do apologize

• Pippin

If you are bleeding from your rectum, that would have nothing to do with your pregnancy. And is probably nothing serious, but worth consulting your doctor.