Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 years ago

A mother that my husband knows from soccer texts him every other day . It’s about soccer but I am finding it disrespectful do you think so?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Yes. She's interested in your husband, unless it's about picking up the kids or coordinating activities.

Well, I think more details would be needed here. For instance, are you one to freely text guys? In other words, do you often do things personally, which when the same is done by others, offends you?

• Ocimom

If your husband is letting you know what the texts are or telling you about them, then I don't see that much of a problem. If he's hiding the texts, then its a major concern. I would ask your husband to tell her to stop texting all the time. There really is no need to be texting someone that much.

Do you go to the soccer games too? If not, maybe you SHOULD be going with your husband and child.

• PAMELA

Oh yes, tell him to stop, and if you meet her, tell her to stop too!

This makes no sense. If you're sure it's about soccer, would you rather she show up at your front door in a negligee to talk to him?!

Also, I don't think you're being honest when you ask if this is "disrespectful". What you're asking is whether it might be a sign of cheating . That means one of 2 things is happening. Either you're too tightly wrapped, or else you don't trust your husband and you have reason for this.

You're the only one who knows which it is. If you don't trust him, the issue isn't a soccer mom texting him. The issue is you're having the most major disconnect a marriage can have, and it needs to be addressed.

• .

Would you be equally bothered if the same texts came from a man? If not, then they aren't disrespectful coming from a woman. If you would, then discuss the frequency of the texting with him, as it appears its not a problem of who sends them but of the frequency and/or timing of them.

Many men have female acquaintances and friends. Look, you either trust him or you don't. Be an adult about it and understand that people of both genders TALK TO EACH OTHER when there's something in common.

• Amz

Maybe you should talk to your husband about it .... perhaps it is innocent...

Confront that soccer hoe!

She may not think so if her actions are innocent, but in most of these types of situations, it usually turns into an affair. I think you should talk with her about it and explain that although she thinks she's causing no harm, she actually is and you would be grateful if she ceased texting your husband and that you hope she understands your viewpoint.