Why is it so hard to trust?

Me and my boyfriend been together for 8 months and he’s done things (not cheat) behind my back that I don’t like. That has to do with the opposite sex. It’s not that it’s a girl specially but when tables turned, he gets mad at me. He’s made me cry and hurt me over and over and told me wouldn’t do it again, then he tears me down and does it again and in circles. I love him and i give him chances but I’m always scared and afraid to open up again and i have trust issues cause of that. Am i wrong for that? How can i overcome it...

That's what dating is about. Can you rely on this person or not? If not, time to break it off.

• Amz

YOu can't overcome it. Once the trust is broken, it can never be the same. This is NOT the kind of relationship you should be in. I know it, you know it, and everyone else here knows it. Stand up for yourself and say to self "i deserve to be with someone who treats me with respect and cares about me. Someone I can trust completely!" Then walk out of this guy's life. He doesn't deserve you.

• -

How can you overcome this? You dump him.

"He’s made me cry and hurt me over and over and told me wouldn’t do it again, then he tears me down and does it again "

How can you even think you can trust someone who does that to you^^^^

There is ZERO respect for you in this relationship

If he genuinely cared at all, he wouldnt keep doing it

he would want to make you happy and feel safe & secure in the relationship.

He doesnt because he is selfish and doesnt care about hurting you because he knows he can get round you and make you stay

he has no incentive TO respect you, you dont respect yourself by staying and allowing someone to treat you like this

• Steve

He’s putting your trust in jeopardy. It won’t build if he does that, and trust takes time. It’s not that it’s hard to trust. It’s hard to trust a person who puts trust in jeopardy.

You shouldn’t be putting it in jeopardy either, so stop it you do it yourself. You can’t love him if you don’t trust him and vice versa.

Trust the trustworthy, and get rid of the untrustworthy.

You are not wrong. When someone you love deeply hurts you we tend to never forget what was done to us so that’s why it’s so hard to trust. The only way for our loved ones who hurt us to gain our trust back is with time and letting their actions lead by example. I know it’s risky when giving chances but it’s the only way. As for you, I know you love him but how long are you willing to go through this heartbreak. Reading this I know you deserve so much better than what you are given. Don’t let him control your thoughts and rnotions. I’d take a break from him and figure out what you want. I wish nothing but the best for you. Remember that your awesome

Mine please?https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

Find a trust-worthy man who actually respects you.