Would you agree that in practice the moon is evidentially not made of cheese but it’s also rational to be open IN PRINCIPLE to evidence? Why?

What?

It was created from the Ejecta from a Mars sized Planetisemal called Theia

Enough said Esqure

Source(s): Boobies !! I wouldn't mind them colliding with me !!
  • bubby

Principle has nothing to do with the fact that I have tried for years to put the moon on my bologna sandwich.

Uh... we’ve been to the moon. Samples have been returned. None of them were cheese-like.

• MARK

The Moon is not made of cheese. If there had never been a mission to the Moon and we had no samples from the Moon we could know that the Moon was not made of cheese. We know how the Earth, other planets, our Moon and other satellites orbiting planets formed. There was no cheese for any of them to form from. Cheese does not occur naturally. It has to be made by humans from milk. There were no humans, and thus no cheese, prior to the formation of the various bodies in our solar system.

It is unnecessary to write meaningless phrases such as, "... rational to be open in principle to evidence". It simply requires a reasonable level of education, standard intelligence and a modicum of common sense to know the Moon could not possibly be made of cheese. I have a seven-year-old niece who is fascinated by the Moon and who thinks it is infantile that anyone thinks the Moon is made of cheese.

Shut up. Stop making sense. You were better when you weren't trying to make sense.

• ?

Very unlikely unless you use some strange definition of cheese. There aren't enough cows on earth to make that much, and cows aren't known to exist elsewhere in the solar system.

@NCWJ has a valid point, but, that begs the next question:

in lieu of 100% empirical verifiable evidence... should one take the stance the moon IS made of cheese?

I ask this because @NCWJ does not have "empirical verifiable evidence" for a "creator god of the universe" (no one does),

however, he absolutely 100% INSISTS one is real.

No. The moon is not made of cheese. No evidence to the contrary will be considered. The impossible is not possible.

Theoretically postulating in the absence of any evidence is a waste of time. LOL