If you asked for something without saying please and your 3 year old said, "What's the magic word" how would you respond?

Favorite Answer

"You're right, it was very rude of me not to say please. May I have it, please?"

If you're going to teach your kids to say please, you need to set the example.

• Murzy

i would admit that i forgot to say please

• Suzy Q

I would say, "You're right, I forgot to say 'please'. I'm sorry about that. Could you please hand me that bowl? Thank you!"

My kids (4 and 5) are very good with saying 'please' and 'thank you'. They even have their moments of being polite to each other without needing to be prompted. The reason that they automatically use these polite phrases with such ease is that I have tried to consistently use these phrases when talking to them from the moment they were born.

I have taught them this is the way we talk. WE, not just THEY. So if I forget the word 'please' at the right time, I can be reminders and should apologize. I'm the one who is supposed to set the right example.

i'd either say please or jokingly say abracadabra

I would give the child a big grin and muster up the biggest pleeeeaaase I could.

I’d make the little pri** disappear.

• Mike

"Please".

Laugh very hard and say good job kid!

Give her a slap in the face.

It's the only way she'll learn not to talk back to her elders and betters.