Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

What kind of calories? does it matter?

I burn 700 calories through cardio, and i eat 700 calories of food, i basically am starving myself however, im constantly reading how i need to est 12-1500 calories a day? Does it matter what kind of calories can i eat anything up to 1500? Im losing 700 calories plus 2000 calories from my BMR (i weigh 255, 17y/o)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Yeah, it matters. Don't eat crap.

• Kano
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It matters.

Body fat comes from converting excess blood glucose. glucose comes from almost wholly carbohydrates, excess protein can be converted to a minor extent. Fat NO you get zero glucose from fat.

Cut down on processed carbs.

• Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

In terms of weight, it does not matter. But in terms of health, it does. If you do not eat a balanced diet and get all the essential nutrients, you can be malnourished even if you consume a lot of calories. It's best if most of your calories comes from complex carbs, vegetables and lean meat sources.

• lila
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The type of calories you eat will influence the way your body feels and how it looks. A person who is eating x amount of calories in vegetables and legumes will look more fit than a person who is eating the exact same amount of calories in doughnuts or creme puffs. Calories in/out affects weight but the type of calories you eat affect body composition (i.e. lean mass-muscle, and fat).

BTW - 700 calories is too few for anyone, but especially an adolescent (you are still growing at 17). You are overweight I assume at 255, but you will still lose weight eating 1400-1600 calories per day and working out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Yes

it matters.

You need to get a mix of nutrients and protein. It isn't just about calories. If you don't get protein to build new muscle, you tend to start burning your muscle rather than the fat.

• 2 years ago

that 2000 calories is a GENERAL average... you can be much lower or higher than it...

as long as you get the nutrients and the calories you are good eating whatever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.