Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 years ago

My fiance hurt my feelings a year ago with a lie so I hurt his last month saying he isn't a good dad & doesn't love his kids. I'm Christian?

So I have been angry these past few months. My man and I have been fighting about a lie that happened a year ago that really devastated me. He knows it hurt my feelings as well but I 'forgave' him or tried and it was kind of hard to let things go. But I have worked on it but the lie just rings in my head.

So last month something happened to me and he was a little understanding of it. I didnt go in detail so he doesnt really know about what I went through but I kept mentioning jail.

So because he didnt understand me or say much (I admit I should have went into detail), I sent him a few text messages calling him a liar, a loser (he isn't), saying he doesnt love his kids, saying he isnt a good father to them (he is active in their lives but I brought it up to be mean and petty), bringing up the past and what not.

So I did apologize realizing I went far. He hasn't really said much to me but there is this tension and he feels I should sweat it out before we reconcile because he wants me to stop being emotional and saying that stuff.

I know I went very far and I feel really bad. I hurt him so he realized how he hurt my feelings. I regret it but what he did to me a year ago left me devastated and angry. I'm working on my anger now plus I want to forgive myself and him.

Favorite Answer

No, you're not.

• k w

one of the problems is, you said you forgave him but you didn't......

I'm Christian?

- Typical fundie.

but I 'forgave' him

- Like hell you did.

I sent him a few text messages calling him a liar, a loser (he isn't), saying he doesnt love his kids, saying he isnt a good father to them

- Isn't lying one of those Ten Suggestions?

but I brought it up to be mean and petty),

- Again, typical fundie.

Your problem is worse than you think.

You lie, repay evil for evil and you have sex out of wedlock, which is sexual immorality (Rom 12:17; 1Cor 7:2,9). Unless you repent, you'll go to hell (Lk 13:3; Rev 21:8). You obviously don't love your fiancee, otherwise you would not hold a grudge against him (1Cor 13:5).

If I had to guess, you probably are NOT a Christian, having been misinformed on what it takes to become a Christian. If you are interested in how to become a Christian (and thus be saved from your sins so that you can go to heaven rather than hell), read the following scriptures and you’ll figure it out. It’s not complicated.

Jn 3:5,16; Lk 13:3; Mt 10:32-33; Rom 10:9-10; Mk 16:16; Ac 2:38; 10:47-48; 22:16; Rom 6:3-4; Gal 3:26-27; 1Pet 3:21; Rev 2:10; 2Tim 2:15; 2Pet 1:5-10.

Below are some examples of people who became Christians.

Ac 2:40,41,47; 8:12,26-39; 9:17-18 (22:16); 10:47-48; 16:15; 16:30-33; 18:8; 19:1-5.