I have 2 jobs. Unfortunately I mentioned both are my first job. So I have to pay tax return more. How can I make it change like?

Make sure you have a qualified accountant doing your tax return, and be honest about everything.

• 1 year ago

You need to choose one to claim tax free threshold. Then notify that employer.

1 year ago

I've found working two jobs almost pointless,you are always tired,get hammered with tax...for not a great deal to show for what you'd think two jobs would pay.I'd rather be slightly poorer off and have free time and not be knackered most of the time.....think about that.

1 year ago

Jibberish - what you said makes no sense. What are you trying to say?

• 1 year ago

Neither job knows about the other. tax is withheld from your pay at each job as if it is your only job. You need to adjust to this bt having more tax taken out from the one you consider to be your 'second' job. Ask your employer to see what you are claiming on the W-4 you filled out when you started the job. This late in the year, change it to 2 fewer than what you put down. If you claimed just 1, change it to -1 for the rest of the year. If you are still working that job in January, change it to 0. You will probably have enough extra tax taken out on that second job between now and the end of the year so that you should come close to breaking even. When you file your return next year, you will either owe a small amount or get back a small amount.

• 1 year ago

Your wages get lumped together for tax purposes.

1 year ago

Tax goes by total income, not number of jobs.

Which job is your first, makes no difference to your tax rate.