jay asked in PetsFish · 2 years ago

Best fish for warm water tank?

Hi! I want to get a fish or two for my new apartment. I live in Hawaii and so far it seems like the fish tank will be around 82-84 degrees Fahrenheit. Instead of getting a water chiller to accommodate fish that like it a bit cooler, like goldfish, I would rather get a fish that does well in this temperature range. Any ideas? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Bettas, fancy guppies, and discus do well in warm water, the latter being tricky to care for but can be stunningly beautiful. In fact it's argued that warm water (85) is a key to success along with good water quality.

brunch.

• Kevin7

I think fish adapted to warm temperatures

bolshy.

Tropical fish are warm water fish. The water in your tank will eventually equal out to the temperature of the room it is in. Most tank setups require a heater. Get a tropical fish guide to answer any questions you have.

Go to your local fish store. Prob'ly any tropical fish sold there will do okay in that temperature range.

e.g. guppies

Note: do not release any aquarium animals into the wild.