Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 years ago

help to stop being obsessed over a position at work?

We work in the airport setting. I've never been the jealous/hater type but with this situation I cant help but wish this girl got fired so I can stay with her position. All she does is sit down all day and be on her cellphone for 8 hours. I cover for her on her days off Sun and Mon and i love it. We work for the wheelchair dpt and the rest of the days I push the chair for 4 hours because thats all we get. It's not fair she gets her 40 hr doing about nothing just writing down people names and using radio :( I wish it was me. There are other spots like this one in the company but hers is the quieter and best one of all.I want to stop feeling jealously and obssesion because of that. Suggestions? Thanks.

Make yourself her natural replacement and when the position is available - you will be the choice.

You don't really care if it's unfair, you just want things to be unfair in your favor. I don't know what you should do, except work on your character, which we can all improve on.